Learn About CNC


Little Did I know…

There was a steep learning curve with CNC. Building a frame for the machine is only a small part of the project. Today it is much easier. The software, components and suppliers are better. There is an entire cottage industry that has sprung up around CNC to support it. Some of the best people in the world make their livings servicing CNC Hobbyist needs.
For some reason I figured if I just build this machine it would spit out parts whenever I wanted it to. Simple, Simple, Simple ran through my head. Over time, I started to get it. I didn't have a teacher, but I started to learn the ins and out of what I was doing.
Other things I had to learn along the way:
CAD Software
Designing Parts
CAM Software
Preparing parts for machining
Simulating Machining
Machining Basics
Cleaning parts
So, where am I at today?
Today I have multiple CNC machines that I work with. Each have their own nuances, software, capabilities and functions. The point of it is that they are all CNC. They all follow the same basic process. That process is pure gold if you know it. You can move from machine to machine and know what is going on. That is what I want to teach you.